A classic New York style dark rye sourdough made with our Red Branch natural yeast starter, rye flour and caraway seeds. It's fermented for 12 hours and then baked to perfection.
Love this product? Sign up for weekly subscription! Don't worry about remembering to place an order, just pick up your treats every week. Click here to learn more.
- Long fermented sourdough is intended to be eaten within a few days.
- To keep fresh longer, try slicing and freezing in a zip lock bag. Then simply toast and enjoy!
- For a crunchy crust, store in paper or cut loaf in half and store face-down on the cutting board. This will keep the crust crusty and the inside crumb soft.
- For a softer crust, store in plastic.
About This Product:
- The product is dairy-free
- Ingredients: unbleached all purpose flour; whole wheat flour; water; dark rye flour; natural yeast starter (all purpose flour, whole wheat flour, water); molasses; salt; caraway seeds.
We are fan of this bread - it is really tasty with a slightly tangy flavor, great texture and the best crust ever!
Always a ‘go to’ at my house! Delicious with soup, and also makes wonderful toast!
Great bread and given to me warm.
Your bread is excellent. We used the dark rye to have Ruben sandwiches and it really made them delicious.